Tuesday, September 07, 2010

and so

the earthquakes continue to rumble through here. I almost sprained my ankle leaping for the doorway as a big jolt hit this morning. Lots of houses are sustaining more damage in the after shocks which have been fairly grunty. Some have been up to 5-5.2 on the Richter scale.

I heard a story yesterday about a little old lady in Kaiapoi who stepped out her back door and went up to her waist into a crack opened by the earthquake, and her next door neighbour who went in over her head! How scary would that be!

The whole ground seems fluid here at the moment. The house feels as though it's sitting on a cushion of jelly. Makes you feel a bit dizzy a lot of the time. My cats are both freaked out and have disappeared. I hope they're holed up somewhere safe. I'm relying on their instinct for comfort and survival to keep them safe.
I'm nervous about going to work. Half of the restaurant I work in is a conservatory, so big thick sheets of glass over my head. Not happy at the thought of one of them breaking.

Dave went off to work this morning, then turned around and headed back to see if we were okay after that big jolt. He said he was at St Martins supermarket when it hit and all the lights in the supermarket fell out and smashed on the floor!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

I dont suppose you guys could go to stay somewhere a little more stable for a while? just till the earth decides to stay still?

Like maybe Australia lol

11:15 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

Thankfully today has been much quieter. No major shakes at all.

From what I hear, Australia is under water, lol???

11:21 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Yes, our drought has decided to end with a bang lol

Its ok, the government is providing canoes for every house hold, of course, they will be poorly made and with have a 50 percent chance of sinking *laughs*

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home