Sunday, August 07, 2011

Night Lights

It's 3.30 am
and my brain just won't shut up.

'Look at this, look here!'
it cries excitedly,

dancing around a big pile of
'things to do.'

Or what about this?
Pointing to
'ideas for lesson plans.'

Now it's in a closet
pulling out Aunt Daisy's
big floral hat,

and my red gumboots
from when I was six.

'Come ooonnn, play with me'
it wheedles,
dangling a poem.

I fumble in the dark
for pen and paper
and the tiny $5 bedside clock,

bought in a LuckyOK shop,
that has the tiny light inside.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

this has such a frantic quality to it, you can feel the need, the desire to write, being overshadowed by everything else in your life, but its still there, a spark, a need.

this is very cool

'Come ooonnn, play with me'
it wheedles,
dangling a poem.

that is the core of it for me, love it and can see it so clearly

I think I will have to take a leaf from you mate, if I wait for just the right moment and amount of time to write something, itll never happen, Im just going to have to write and hope it works as well as it is for you

*plunges into the words* we will see lol

3:33 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

lol, yes indeed. As you see from this, sometimes I have to write things down just to get my head to shut up so I can sleep!

Give it a burl ... what have you got to lose?

'give it a burl' what a funny expression. Wonder where it originated Do you say that in Australia too? Or maybe it's just one of my own oddities ...

3:50 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

'burl', 'berl'?? lol

3:51 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Burl is indeed, in use here in Oz, give it a burl a common expression, the origins of which I have no idea lol

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home