Friday, July 11, 2008

Fractions

What will you do with your life?

Do you want to be the tiny woman
trapped in the iron spindle
that winds the golden wool of her hair?

Or the woman with a beard
who loves other women
for the pleasure of men.

Do you collect stray children
and read them poems?

Who comes out at night
and sprays messages on the walls -
graffitied pustules of diseased progeny.

Are you aware of yourself as a single entity,
moving in air and light -
do you acknowledge yourself
as an adjunct to the wilderness of ghosts?

What will the night hold
as the moon fades
and Queen of Hearts dissolves.

The great bull snuffles
knee deep in wavelets and bellows Homer,
but Homer is an inarticulate cartoon.

We are a chain of light, glowing beads
spinning on our narrow thread,
dimly aware of our 3/16ths of dimensions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

Dude, this spins me out.

"graffitied pustules of diseased progeny"

so raw and rockin rough.



love this.....

knee deep in wavelets and bellows Homer,
but Homer is an inarticulate cartoon.

I don't think I'm even aware of my 3/16's lol

9:48 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

I was having a conversation with Dave about alternate dimensions and he said there are 16 and we only function in three of them. I thought that was very interesting. It's something I've thought about a lot.
The graffitti thing is an idea I've also been thinking about for a long time. The way it emerges from the frustrated creative urges of disfunctional teens, it's like the outward expression of their inner troubles.

The visible rot in society. Also, I guess, a way for them to have a voice.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

now why the hell don't I talk to my friends etc about things such as alternate dimensions dammit *laughs*

Sounds like you have some interesting conversations

I feel extremely sorry for our teenagers, I see them as a lost generation in many ways....

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home