Monday, March 05, 2007

Sistersong

Called from sleep by spirits
I woke to the sound of your name.
I am afraid to know if this is a portent
of some momentous event,
or merely dreamland dementia.

You are the morning star,
glow of rose rising from the ocean
as day opens.

Sparks of alchemy swirl in your eyes
as you awaken, and I am awakened
by the call of your name,
like the sound of a hundred people
kneeling in the dust to pray.

Your pursuit of inner galaxies
and belief in things not yet beheld
will light the way, just as Dawn
lights the day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

The whole thing is superb, but the last stanza rocks Moon, love it.

3:45 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

cheers Chris, thanks!

actually someone just suggested this morning that I drop the last stanza because kneeling in the dust was such a brilliant place to finish ... I'm inclined to agree?

4:24 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

incidentally, your poem 'Bad Days'? I bet you flicked that one off real easy didn't you? Did it just pop out and fall into your lap? It has all the earmarks of one of those kind of poems and you know what ... I think it's brilliant! A perfectly integrated metaphor, and the ending ... so smooth and cool. Just melts in my mouth. Perfect!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Really, I think the last stanza is pivotal to it, but thats just me mate, whichever way, I really really like the feel of the poem though, it strikes a chord.

And thankyou *smile*, yes, Bad Days rolled out in one shot, I dont think I edited one word lol.its so cool when that happens

5:10 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

the last stanza has her name in it, which I think is kind of cool. I dunno, I'm torn now. I'll have to think on it awhile.


I'm glad I was right about Bad Days. I love when I'm right, lol

5:20 PM  
Blogger miss magic said...

beautiful poem! well done (give you a sticker)! lol

10:56 AM  
Blogger burning moon said...

thanks Miss Magic

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home