Sunday, September 03, 2006

There Are No Directions

There are things you should know
about my house -
that it rises in light,
thrives,
shifts and breathes,
as do I.

That the castle is an aspect
drawn from my mind
as fine as you would find anywhere.

There are no pathways leading here,
you must be guided by my scout, the Raven.

Don't be afraid of what you don't understand,
for what is there to know
about a flower, or the sky?

They simply are - as I am -
as we are -
and this house

hovers in the icy night of deserts
and shimmers on the steps of dawn,
drags anchor lines through my chest,
and sails off on exploratory ventures
from all four corners.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

There are no directions is an awesome write kid, not least for the references *grin*


Love the opening stanza Moon, it just sets the whole tone perfectly.

Chris

3:04 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

heh *grins* I knew you'd love it, you vain thing, lol

I just got my copy of PoetryNZ in which I have two poems, The Smallest God and Flicker Fish, and a cheque for $25.

I'm ridiculously pleased ... :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

I cannot believe you got paid for poetry.

I will never make a dime outta mine lol

Go you *smile*, its cool, and I am well pleased for you.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home