Monday, August 28, 2006

Time and Distance

the theory of relativity

I am a year of light from the sun away
and older than the wrinkles on rocks.

I don’t understand what you mean
you say.

Though we are the same age,
you are a seed pod of green
to my sun-gold leaves.

Trying to explain
is like discussing Shakespeare
with a toddler.

You think the rain has no choice
but to fall upon the ground
I know it falls
to stop the flowers dying.

You think there’s a prize
at the end of the rainbow
I know there is a step into God’s eye.

I’m so tired of nursery things,
ABC’s and bouncing children on knees.
I have an uneasy feeling
more and more these days.

An awareness of flesh engines
creeps uninvited.
The alien network of cells,
bones and electricity that prowls
behind words on a screen.

The dimension which thought travels
a separate plane from that which it uses
to manifest itself.
Grey matter
the slimy vehicle of conduction.

I sense my own being pushed
by something ghostly and unbidden
outside of myself.

I wonder whether this light that grows daily
is natural maturation
or whether it’s an aberration, peculiar to me.

I see espers of aura;
trails of smoky vapour from fingertips.

I have no answers, only questions.
And no possible way
to explain this to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

To gauge the brightness of the light, to know things as they are, to determine truth for yourself. To learn to predict or to anticipate, with a hefty dose of cynicism. Maturity oftentimes comes with a package deal of those sorts. ^_^

It's been some time since I dropped by. Glad to read more of your works. ^_^ Especially liked "Slip Knot," "Tryst," and "Dark Flowering."

Cheers.

6:33 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

Thanks Souless, I enjoy reading your writing whenever I have time to pass by.

moon

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home