Sunday, August 28, 2011

Things to say at a Wedding


I'd always felt alone.
Like that legend of twin souls,
split into two at birth,
and destined to spend eternity
wandering the earth searching
for the lost half.

You don't know this,
but at night, when you're asleep,
I sometimes slide my arm around you
and rest my hand inside yours.

Even in sleep, your fingers
close immediately over mine,
like the Palmar grasp of a newborn.
Your love enfolds me in a fleece blanket.
I cuddle in and feel safe, and so loved.

I promise to love you,
to place no other above you,
and to cherish your soul
for the spark of divine
that it is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

Now why do I never hear wedding vows like this at the weddings I trundle along to lol

Beautiful moon, very beautiful

9:52 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

yeah, Dave and I are getting married November 12th, but he had a stroke last weekend, so not sure what will happen now.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

OMG !!!!!


Is he ok mate???

5:46 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

yeah, he's sort of ok. But he's quite depressed and not himself. He gets tired very easily. He had a blood clot, which has affected his speech, he has trouble finding words. But he's getting better slowly. Luckily no paralysis. Physically everything's ok. Just his speech and handwriting seem to have been affected.
It's very worrying though. Last week was a hell week for me.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

I am so sorry about that mate, really pleased to hear that he has not suffered any paralysis, it all must have been terribly worrying for you

So he is still in hospital?
and if so, how long will he be in for ?



*HUGS* with love from the Bird

4:41 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

He's home now, and due to go back to work later this week! That's how slight a stroke it was, but I'm not sure how he'll cope with going back to work just yet.

Still, he's much better thanks, and pretty much back to his old self. A bit rattled though. He's now taking the whole 'healthy diet, healthy living' thing a whole lot more seriously, and so am I. :)

On the up side, got an email today to say two of my poems have been accepted for publication in Takahe. So yay!

http://www.takahe.org.nz/index.php

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home