Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Poets of Delicate Angst

yes, it's a rant I'm afraid ...


In your pause, pace, pedantic phrase -

where is the passion,
the rage against rage
or procrastination?
The clever use of space
in its dance across the page,
paper cut of rapier riposte.
Take a sledgehammer and pound
the blue into finger grooves,
forget the clever prance in prose
and shout in my face.
Forget your sensitive, new-age pose
among the pansies along the fence,
pick a side,
even the wrong side.
Lose your decadent American drawl,
in your haste to compel me,
propel me into tangled unutterable scrawl.
I want more than your heart
in wallpaper bouquets -
I want your foetus,
your unformed, bloody mass
of inspiration.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

Hell Yeah!!!!


*dazzling grin*


Come on world, this rocks

Well done Moon, you blew the lid right off with this one

Very cool

9:50 PM  
Blogger M. Shahin said...

"Lose your decadent American drawl,
in your haste to compel me,
propel me into tangled unutterable scrawl."

That is exactly what I want poets to do also! Nice expressions here.

"I want more than your heart in wallpaper bouquets - I want your foetus,
your unformed, bloody mass of inspiration."

Wow! That is asking a lot but I think poetry can deliver this great request. I love poetry because a poet often gives their heart to the poem.

Loved this poem for its unique expressions and funny moments.

Thanks for sharing.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Beautiful but oh so true rant! I wish more people put their heart into what they write...

Professional poets are good but there is something missing. I think they have become so perfessional that they forget how to write. Maybe but yet again that is me. teehee

-kora

9:06 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

Thanks guys. Sorry about the comments not showing up for a while. I switched to moderator control because I got one of those spam posts, but I think I might change back, other wise I'll always be forgetting to check for comments.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home