Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Idea of the Word

The beginning was fire
in the emptiness
creating light
from no-man's land,

and if we are afraid
of emptiness
we are afraid of peace,

create mayhem forever
to avoid the stillness
and calm of the center.

I am hungry -
not hungry, but stuff myself
with words, till I'm so heavy
I cannot walk,

my wire framework too fragile
to carry the flint
igniting inception.

Who could bear the weight
of that apex from which sprang
so much blood, suffering, and evil?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Beautiful i love the dark aspect of it... if that is what it really is a dark aspect.. i really do like it.

4:03 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

hi Cora, thanks. I guess it is pretty dark, although I didn't think of it that way.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home