Friday, December 10, 2010

days in the life of

life in the distance
from my corked bottle
is submerged in marine colours
my view slightly curved
distorted by the glass

time passes
as slowly as the glass
runs downwards

a son returns home
from military pursuits
doesn't stay with me any more
but with friends
who are more lively
not hampered by a bottle

a sister has found a new father
new family
will they please her better
than her old father and family?

today the sun glows
torches my glass
hot ball impossible to gaze upon
rain less frequent lately

today I lunch with friends
movement from my bottle difficult
life from a distance
has become comfortable for me now

my bottle
my iron lung

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

love it

maybe the last line jars a little, not sure, doesn't seem to have the rhythm of the rest, but really like the whole looking-from-the-bottle perspective, our lives can become so insular sometimes, or maybe, its just how we see it.

At least we can look at our lives, some travel through without ever examining who and what and why they are.

3:29 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

ah, yeah, thanks. I hadn't finished this, but had to go out, so just published it as was, lol. will get back to it. Glad you like what I have so far anyway. I wasn't really sure what I was writing about. I just started jotting down my thoughts ... weird huh :)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

not weird at all, I have always advocated its the best way to write, well, for me anyway *smile*

I will be interested to see the finished product mate :)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home