Sunday, August 30, 2009

Confessions

What should I confess?
That I stole a bottle of nail varnish
when I was ten and gave it
to my mother for her birthday?

That sometimes I throw my vege peels
in the rubbish instead of recycling,
and occasionally I see a woman
I'm attracted to?

That I find the idea of a God who bred
a universe to worship him, and allowed
thousands of years of crime and punishment,
to prove a point, cruel and egotistical.

My sins are small, but my fear
is fifteen fathoms deep, and my guilt
is all the vast oceans, with only a rock
on which to rest my feet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

totally agree re the whole God shtick, what an absurd concept formal religion suggests to us


Stealing something and giving it as a gift, very interesting stuff *smile*.

The poem is tre excellent kid, the ending does justice to the whole.

4:38 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

lol. I still feel guilty about that bloody nail polish. My older sister and her American friend dared me to do it.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Ahh the wicked sister and her worldly American accomplice *grin*

Well, you met their dare, so more power to you kid,rising to the challenge has validity :)

even if you are a criminal *laughing*

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home