Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rejection

If you don't like my poem
please just return it
with a polite
'thanks but no thanks.'

Spare me your honest evaluation
of the style with which
I express myself. Honesty
is not kind, but often
merely a justification
on which heartless bastards
prop their egos.

Spare me 'the truth.'
'Truth' hasn't existed
since we found out that Cook
wasn't slaughtered by mindless primitives,
but disregarded the protocols
of another culture.

There's just one individual's
interpretation of events.
That's all we ever have.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

Who does that?

Rejects a submission and then tells you what they didnt like about it?

lol

sheesh, some people

1:17 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

the editor of a literary zine over here does that. He even phoned me out of the blue one day to discuss what was wrong with my poetry. Totally freaked me out!
It was a toll call too.
lol

4:46 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Did you explain to him, in measured tones, that his opinion, was indeed, just his opinion, and running a literary zine does not in fact, as he may mistakenly believe, make him a god lol?

12:59 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

lol, well no, because actually he is virtually god here, lololol

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home