Sunday, December 14, 2008

From Outside the Glass

In her blue mood
she has one-eyed vision.

Her mouth becomes a black stone
in a pool of white
where silence rises in ripples
and tumbles in drops-
perpetual turbulence.

All of her days
have been a signature of noise,
quieted by blue,
lost in ceaseless motion.

The cat-like eye, blue
as a Siamese star,
watches all her planting
clipped and shorn,
her ascent of staircase
upon staircase twisted back
to a downward snake.

Somehow she will find strength
to muscle up her arms
straighten her back, retrieve
the twin star from shadow,

but for now she retreats
in her sapphire cradle and watches
the soundless cascade.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Never said...

You write beautiful sad

12:58 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

aww thanks. I sometimes wish I could write more happy though y'know? I'm really quite a cheerful person, I don't know why my poetry is always so angst ridden.

I've just finished reading my friend Helen's book, Thornspell. It's the story of Sleeping Beauty from the prince's perspective. I must say, it's a great book. She's done a beautiful job of it. The story rolls along at a great pace and the writing is lovely. Very fresh and with engaging characters.

I think you'd love it. You should try to get it. It's on Amazon I'm sure, and there's a link to it here on my blog. lol, not that I'm trying to sell it to you, but honestly, I read it in three days. Couldn't put it down.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Never said...

Cool kid, I will have to have a look see, and see if I can find it, I am reading a book by a NZ writer at the moment,someone Fitzpatrick?

Fantasy, it is very good, I will get the title, I know, how can I be reading it and not know the title, but that is really very like me lol.

1:17 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

yeah, I'm just the same. I never remember details like the title or who wrote it, lol. Very tragic for the authors.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home