Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Lovers

I once knew a man who told me he loved my ass, that I had beautiful eyes. He was married to someone else. A cheater and a liar, he was the best man I ever met. He made my bedroom become the universe, as I hung, suspended, on his beautiful cock. He made me come and come, until I shook and sweated and lost control of everything, till even my fingertips climaxed in trembling spasms. Our mouths locked together like hungry babies feeding, just relax, he said, put your legs down lie back and relax, god I love your ass he said. He's the only man I ever met who truly loved. Beyond cellulite and blemishes, he saw the vision beneath skin. He painted me naked, renaissance, sublime in light; filled my arms with roses of his body, their fragrant breath sustaining me through years of subsequent emptiness. He kissed me goodbye like a beloved friend. I search for him amidst my words, try to recreate him from syllable and syntax, wonder if I will ever be better loved.

6 Comments:

Blogger J.B. Rowell said...

wow - this is great - especially how it lives in the grey and then the ending!

3:54 AM  
Blogger burning moon said...

hi J.B, thanks

4:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

"He made my bedroom become the universe, as I hung, suspended, on his beautiful cock"

Why didn't I write that? That rocks.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle M. Buchanan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:32 AM  
Blogger burning moon said...

lol, thanks for saying that. I wasn't sure about that bit. I'm not usually that graphic.

3:36 PM  
Blogger burning moon said...

I don't think it's a matter of having the guts, just personal taste and preference.
The English language doesn't provide very good language for talking about sex. Usually you come off as sounding either like a doctor, or very crass. I prefer most of the time to work in metaphor for sexual poems so that I can be softer. I think that way you can better express the emotional side of sex, rather than just the bare physical act. It's always a matter of personal choice of course.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home